Strain Genie’s CBD Dosage Calculator
How much CBD should I take?
One of the most common questions we get after customers read through their Cannabis Health Report is: How much CBD should I take? It’s an incredibly important question; the right CBD dosage can make the difference between effective medicine and a waste of time and money. That’s why we made the world’s most advanced CBD Dosage Calculator, free to use!
So, if you’re in the pursuit of using CBD oil, smoking CBD, or utilizing any of the other CBD form factors, be sure to use our CBD Dosage calculator below to find how many mg of CBD you should take in order to reap the benefits of this powerful cannabinoid.
How to use the CBD Dosage Calculator
While it may seem simple to look up CBD dosage on a CBD Dosage chart, it is actually much more accurate to use a CBD Dosage calculator.
Using the CBD Dosage calculator is easy. Simply fill out the form below. While it may seem simple on the surface, this calculator is actually quite complex, with advanced equations that take into account the proceedings of peer-reviewed research on effective CBD dosages.
As such, this calculator takes into account critical variables necessary for making an accurate CBD dosage recommendaiton.
To be specific, the CBD dosage calculator below takes into account the following:
- CBD consumption frequency
- Planned consumption method
Why do we need these pieces of information to make a CBD Dosage recommendation? Well, if the question is “how much CBD should I take”, then its important to know who the “I” is in that question (you!). For instance, most research on CBD utilizes a mg/kg dosage. That means, animals that weigh more, get more CBD, proportionate to their weight. Gender can also play a role in dosage given that men tend to have a higher metabolism than women. Finally, CBD tolerance is real! Your body’s endocannabinoid system produces endogenous cannabinoids (i.e. cannabinoids found in the body). When you adjust your internal cannabinoid levels when ingesting exogenous cannabinoids (i.e. cannabis products), your body will start producing less over time to maintain homeostasis. While a brilliant mechanism for instilling balance within the body, this also creates a “tolerance”, which will mandate higher dosages as a function of experience.
Finally, our calculator also asks how you plan to consume your CBD. This is important, as a CBD Oil dosage calculator is much different than a CBD vape dosage calculator– the bioavailability of CBD varies as a function of form factor. Not all CBD is created equal, so our dosage calculator takes that into account. As such, our calculator also provides CBD dosage guidance for different form factors, essentially serving as each of the following, all-in-one:
- CBD oil dosage calculator
- CBD vape dosage calculator
- CBD isolate dosage calculator
- CBD edible dosage calculator
- CBD tincture dosage calculator
Find Your Optimal CBD Dosage For Any Form Factor
Inhalation CBD Dosage Calculator Guidance
CBD oil dosage is easy; you just calculate how many mL you are taking (typically on your dropper) and use that to see how many mg of CBD you are ingesting (most labels will show you mg/mL). However, if your selected form factor within the CBD dosage calculator was inhalation, then you know that getting your dose right when its not already “dosed” out for you can be difficult. This rings especially try for dry-herb (better known as flower). You might wonder “how much CBD is in a puff from a joint?” or “how much CBD should I vape?”.
Below, we have provided guidelines for best estimating your CBD consumption when using inhalation methods.
Vape pens are a healthy and efficient way to dial in your CBD Oil dosage. Be sure to source your vape pens from a reputable source. Black-market vapes can cause serious health concerns.
- Assumption 1: A vape pen contains 0.5g of CBD Oil
- Assumption 2: The CBD Oil is at 80% Concentration (400mg CBD)
- Assumption 3: 100 puffs from a 0.5g vape pen
- Conclusion: 1 puff = 4mg CBD
Bowls / Pipes
If you are looking for a sizeable amount of CBD in a single puff, dry-herb / flower might be one of your best bets. CBD dosage for Bowls and Pipes are given as follows:
- Assumption 1: A bowl contains 0.3g of flower
- Assumption 2: 20% CBD concentration (60mg CBD)
- Assumption 3: 5 puffs per bowl
- Conclusion: 1 puff = 12mg CBD
Joint / Blunt
Joints and blunts allow for a smaller CBD per puff dosage, but typically burn longer and would allow for multiple hits, shared amongst fellow consumers.
- Assumption 1: A blunt / joint contains 0.5g of flower
- Assumption 2: 20% CBD Concentration (100mg CBD)
- Assumption 3: 30 puffs from a 0.5g blunt / joint.
- Conclusion: 1 puff = 3.33mg CBD
While consuming CBD from a bong might not be the most common approach, it is certainly an effective way to get a maximal dose.
- Assumption 1: A bong’s bowl contains 0.3g of flower
- Assumption 2: 20% CBD Concentration (60mg CBD)
- Assumption 3: 3 hits from a bong bowl
- Conclusion: 1 bong hit = 30mg CBD
Dabs / Concentrate
Dabbing CBD is a clean and effective way to get a sizeable dose. Be sure to follow best dabbing temperature guidance to make sure you don’t lose the other terpenes and trace cannabinoids.
- Assumption 1: The average dab container contains 0.5g of concentrate
- Assumption 2: The dab is at 80% Concentration (400mg CBD)
- Assumption 3: An average-sized dab (size of a grain of rice) is 25mg (1/20th of the container)
- Conclusion: 1 dab = 20mg CBD
Vaporizer (Dry Flower)
Vaping Dry Flower CBD is a bit easier to calculate, since you have more control over temperature. Popular vaping products like the Pax fall into this dosage guidance category.
- Assumption 1: A vaporizer contains 0.3g of flower
- Assumption 2: 20% CBD Concentration (60mg CBD)
- Assumption 3: 6 puffs from a vaporizer with 0.3g of flower
- Conclusion: 1 vape hit = 10mg
Many people also ask “do you hold in CBD vape?” after using our CBD dosage calculator. The answer is simple: Nope! Both THC and CBD are absorbed in your lungs almost immediately upon inhalation and contact with your alveoli.
We make cannabis simple
Be sure to also check out our THC Dosage Calculator
Interested in going past dosage and learning how the combination of cannabinoids and terpenes found in the cannabis plant interact with your body?
Learn more about how our Cannabis DNA test works here.
If you’ve already taken a 23andMe or Ancestry.com test, you can upload your raw data and get your cannabis health report within hours!